Monday, December 23, 2019

Little Things

 Here's a blog post about the little, daily things in our life that I haven't posted about and have pictures about on my phone. I love posting about the little things because they happen on a daily basis and sometimes get missed or not brought up but they can often be what makes life sweet.

In November Paige had a friend over and one of the things we did was go to the park. It was pretty chilly but it is always fun to see the smile on your kid's faces as they climb to new heights, swing with glee, and go a on a zip line that always brings a smile to both of their faces and mine too. I wish they had zip lines on playgrounds when I was a kid because I think they are awesome.
Another thing in November is there was a Face to Face event with Elder Gong and some of the general presidency talking about the new youth programs that are starting next year. Nate and I watched it with Paige since she is turning 8 and will be involved with it. She took notes and they are pretty simple and pretty sweet. It shows that she was somewhat paying attention even though I am sure it was long and not that exciting for her. Though she is super excited about the little things that you get for reaching your goals. I like that on the notes on the left she even included that she got a paper cut and I thought it was touching that the one main thing she wrote down was on the note on the right.
More daily moments- Baylor in her beanie looking way too cute, her second time in the hot tub and this time she actually liked it, two cute girls hiding under my sink while I get ready for the day, and Baylor posing with her favorite thing in the world- her blankie.
One nice Saturday in November we went and walked around at Clark Lake. It was a beautiful day and the fall colors were still out even though it was the tail end for all the beautiful fall leaves. It was nice to be out in nature and just talk and enjoy the beauty of the earth.
Nona put together a picture scavenger hunt that the grand kids got to go on the day after Thanksgiving at Clark Lake. Baylor and I didn't go since we both had colds and Baylor was taking a nap but Nate and Paige went along and I wish I could have gone too since it looks like they had fun and it is always great to be with family.
I went Black Friday shopping at Fred Meyer to take advantage of their half off socks since I was in need of some. They were laying on my dresser for a couple of days since I didn't get around to putting them away. Paige will often fall asleep in our big bed at night and when we went to bed my socks were all put away with this cute note. I wonder who my secret admirer is? :)
Baylor is trouble with a capital T but is so much fun. The top left picture is her is time out though it doesn't work that great so now we usually have to put her or threaten to put her in her room to actually work. And notice that her pjs are on backwards so that she can't take them off to remove her diaper. Bottom left- I went to the bathroom before cleaning up dinner and I guess she was still hungry. Top right needs no explanation except that she loves making messes. Bottom right she was trying to close the blinds....
Paige got the 12th Man award at school. She is such an awesome student and really does so well in school and loves it.
Baylor has recently found a love for search and find books. We have a couple and Paige was doing her daily reading for school and Baylor was being quiet downstairs with her. We looked over the edge and she was finding the things on her own and doing her own "reading".
We love Christmas in our household and we got to help Nona decorate her tree and decorated our own too. I love Christmas and it is so sweet watching my two girls love it. They were great helpers with the decorating and Baylor loves all the pretty Christmas lights.
We got invited to an amazing cookie party at our neighbors house. Both girls got a present, decorated cards and paper ornaments, and decorated cookies. It was a lot of fun to be at and the girls especially Paige loved all the crafty things.
Some fun school events that we did the last couple of months- there was STEAM night (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) that Paige and I had fun going from classroom to classroom doing all the fun things that were planned; Addison came with us to the holiday night where we got a picture with Santa and the two girls shopped for some presents to give; and last for the bulletin board for November I did an attitude of gratitude tree and all the students wrote what they were grateful for on a leaf and so I got a pictures of Paige's leaf.
Our ward Christmas party we got some more cute Santa pictures and Baylor wanted nothing to do with him.
Last Monday we went with Dale and Margaret to see the Clam Lights. Ivars has a restaurant right on the pier and they do this fantastic light display to go walk around. It was gorgeous on the water though pretty chilly!
Then on our way home we stopped at Carpinitos and saw the real reindeer there. It was pretty awesome and I loved Paige's expression when she got her first glimpse of them. She was pretty excited to see actual, live reindeer that were in training to be on Santa's sleigh! She did say that it would have been even more awesome if one of them would have been Rudolph. :)
 Then yesterday we took our annual Sunday before Christmas pictures all dressed up in our Christmas Sunday best. I love Baylor's cheesy smile and Paige's reindeer antlers. Paige did so good singing with the primary and this was the first time that she walked up to the front all by herself!
 We are so excited for all our Christmas celebrations the next few days! We are so grateful that our Savior, Jesus Christ, was born in Bethlehem all those years ago and for His life and His example.

No comments:

Post a Comment