Saturday, December 28, 2019

Christmas

 Merry Christmas! We had a great Christmas and hope you all did too!

We started our Christmas Eve off by lighting our annual Santa candle.
Then it was time for signing the board and making the sandwich. It was our family, Christy and Lylia, and Nona and Pops for this year. The girls put together the sandwich this year with a little help from Nate. 
She was all smiles with her cute reindeer headband and jiggle bells until...
We forced her to take a picture with the sandwich but there is usually a crying kid in the sandwich picture so why should this year be any different. :)
"Ding, Ding, Dong; 6 feet long; It's our Christmas song; Join our throng Baylor- ong; Come and sing along; Hey!"
Then Pops read the Nativity story while the girls set it up which led to Baylor taking the different pieces and having them slide down the roof of the barn...
Then present time- I loved watching Baylor get so excited about helping Pops hand out presents; I loved seeing Paige's excitement for the unicorn presents from Lylia; I loved watching Baylor hug and roll all over her stuffed animal pig from Aunt Christy; I loved seeing what Paige got for Nona and Pops that she bought herself at the school store and how thoughtful and sweet she is.
This year Nona had an elf shop and had a bin full of toys, candy, other fun things for the kids to look through and they each got to pick three things. It was fun to see what everyone picked out and of course the first thing Baylor picked out was a bag of chocolate kisses and then found all the other candy in the pile. I let her keep the kisses but found other things that she would enjoy that wasn't candy.
 We got home and Nate and I opened up our presents from Paige that she bought at the school store and again I am amazed at how thoughtful and caring she is. I am so lucky to have Paige as my daughter.
Then the girls got to open their pjs. 
Christmas morning! Paige said she woke up at 4 am in excitement but went back to sleep and then at 7 went upstairs to look at everything and then she woke me up at 8. I loved seeing her excitement for everything even if it meant that sometimes she was trying to make Baylor open up her presents faster by "helping" her. I love Christmas with kids and the magic of it all!
 Baylor was so much fun this year with presents. She loved unwrapping presents this year and when it was her turn she would just grab a present even if it was from someone else's pile. She just wanted to open them all. She was sweet that every present she opened she would sit and look at or play with besides when she opened up some socks which she was threw to the side. :)
Christmas explosion!
 Nate and I's presents
 The girls with their presents- they are so loved and we are so grateful for everything that we got and everything that our girls got.
I forgot to put Baylor's bag of kisses in the picture so I got this picture. She loved that bag of kisses and I love her more than anything.
Nona and Pops came over to see what we got and then we went with them to Nolte State Park to go walk around Deep Lake. They go every year and Nate and I had never done it so we decided to join them this year. We hung an ornament that Nona brought and Paige found an angel ornament and Nate found a candy cane. It was pretty chilly and Baylor wasn't the greatest but I'm glad we did it and it was nice to be outside for a little bit.
 Then we went home so Baylor could take a nap and Paige enjoyed all her Christmas presents. Then we went over to Nona and Pop's house for Christmas dinner. Then right before bed we skyped with my parents to open the presents they sent us and to talk to them and the girls got to show them what they got. Thank goodness for technology so we could all see my parents today. It was an awesome Christmas and we are so grateful for the love that we feel this time of year from each other and our love for our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment