Monday, September 30, 2019

September Happenings

 I can't believe September is already over! It has gone by so fast and it has been busy. With our weekend getaways, I have volleyball and mutual every week, school functions, and other church things, it seems like every week is busy and a lot of evenings I am gone. Nate has been a champ with it all after being tired from work and watching the girls while I go and get everything done I need to in the evenings. 

Labor day was beautiful. It was nice to have everyone home for the three day weekend. On Monday we went to the annual Black Diamond Parade and then we went to Flaming Geyser State Park with Dale and Margaret for a little hike and picnic.
Trees and undergrowth like this is why I love living where I do. There are so many hikes around here that are just so pretty and I love, love all the green.
These two are always up for an adventure!
 We have had a couple of good thunderstorms this month but there was one that was so incredible. It was lightning strikes every couple of minutes and loud thunder. We turned off all the lights and just sat by the windows and watched in awe. Baylor, who is always on the move, sat in front right at the window with her blanket for a good 30 minutes just observing. It was pretty amazing to watch!
 September has been all about getting into a routine after summer break. After getting everyone ready and Paige to school, it is just Baylor and I and I love it. She is silly and fun and does pretty good about playing on her own if I am doing something. On Mondays we usually go to the library for their story time. On Tuesday I like to clean up the house. Baylor gets her play vacuum and plays around while I vacuum the house. Sometime during the week we go grocery shopping which she is getting better at staying in the cart as long as she is eating a snack. She takes a nap in the afternoon and that is when I get some other cleaning done, read my scriptures and Come Follow Me, get stuff done on the computer, prep dinner if needed, or watch a show that I want to catch up on. Baylor right now loves to have books read to her especially the books with animals. Another thing she loves is look out the windows at the garbage truck and mail car. She really loves the garbage truck and if she hears it she gets excited and runs to the window and watches him get everyone's garbage. She loves any big truck and the buses at school. I also love that when I leave or when Nate gets home from work you can count on Paige and Baylor waving to you at the window and blowing you kisses. It is the sweetest thing ever!
Baylor is so full of fun and mischief. She has the cutest cheesy grin with the little gap in her teeth. She is also at the stage where she loves accessories. She loves wearing Paige's shoes, wearing backpacks or holding her purse, carrying around a baby doll, and she absolutely loves sunglasses. She loves her nails painted and wearing bracelets.
 Whenever I am making anything in the kitchen, Baylor will push a chair over and try to help. Sometimes she is too much help but she does love to mix anything and try anything I make. The other day I made some nachos and I was mixing the sour cream with a little bit of milk and she loved to stir and then got her own spoon and was eating spoonfuls of it. Then once I put the cheese on, she kept snitching the cheese and toppings. She is constantly messy with food and just eats by the handful. Also if you look close at these pictures you can see pen all over her arms. This is also a constant of catching her drawing all over herself with whatever she can find. 
Paige is her oh so sweet self. I miss her while she is at school. I love her creativeness and just how she sees the world. I love finding cute pictures and videos that she has taken on my phone. She is doing awesome in school and her teacher sent her a post card in the mail last week telling us how great of a student she is.
Some crafts that she did. Oftentimes after I leave her room at night time she gets to stay up for a little bit and she usually crafts and creates. She truly can create anything she wants.
 This past Saturday we decorated the house with the small amount of Halloween decorations that we have. Paige loves to decorate the house and Baylor likes to destroy whatever we were trying to decorate. It took creative planning and putting things out of Baylor's reach.
Another advantage of the big windows in the front of the house is that we get a great view of all the gorgeous sunsets. Pictures never do sunsets justice but there has been some pretty amazing ones that last few weeks.
Last night Paige played school with me. She has the most amazing mind and can remember so many things from school. On the computer she created three different areas in school for me to learn. We did a science one on flowers where we discussed different flowers and their properties (her words not mine.) Then we did three different math problems where we used three different strategies to solve the problems. Last was a writing assignment where she told me the different parts of a complete sentence- she typed it all out for me to see (starts with a capital letter and ends with a period, finger space between words, and it makes sense). We corrected bad examples and wrote good examples. Like I said, she is pretty amazing with remembering all of this stuff and being able to create her own ones on the computer for me to do. Last we did a family art project that she came up with. She said they did it last year at school so we painted autumn trees with Q-tips. 
 September was a pretty great month! We did lots of fun activities as a family and enjoyed the small moments of life together. Each month brings new adventures and more fun times and memories made!

No comments:

Post a Comment