Wednesday, August 28, 2019

End of Summer Break

 I can't believe that school starts tomorrow! This summer flew right by and went way too fast. The girls have enjoyed sleeping in and just being on our own schedule. I love doing what we want when we want. I love having Paige home. She is a huge help and has been especially these last couple of weeks since I had surgery. It has been a great summer and we have done so many fun things!

The day before my surgery I wanted to do something fun since I wasn't sure how long my recovery would be. I took Paige, Addison, and Baylor and went went and enjoyed low tide at Salt Water State Park. It was such a gorgeous day. I love going at low tide. There were so many little creatures to look at and lots of shells to find and look at.
We walked around for about an hour- looking, exploring, shell and rock hunting, lifting up rocks to see lots of little crabs and touch some sea anemone. 
I sent up the sunbrella and the girls dug in the sand and made a sand castle and we had a picnic. Then they wanted to play on the playground for a little bit.
Next the girls got on their swimsuits and they all loved walking in the water, finding more shells, and enjoying the cool saltwater.
It was very rocky and uneven so I had to constantly watch and hold Baylor's hand since it was pretty unstable walking for her. She did fall over once and it scared both of us but it was still so much fun to be in the water.
Then they played in the stream that goes down into the water for a while before heading home. It was such an awesome day and I loved those hours at the beach.
The next day on the 14th I had surgery to get a pilonidal cyst removed......again. Both times were about 1 1/2 after having a baby. It is genetic for me and something about having a baby seems to make it come back. I am hoping I don't have to do this every time I have a baby. Nate has been amazing. He took some days off from work to help and let me rest and recover. My big 30th birthday was the next day so I spent the day relaxing and watching a movie and feeling nauseated. The first few days were bad with the dizziness and nausea. The pain wasn't that bad and once the nausea went away it was so much better. It is still a long recovery and Nate is a rock star and has to change the gauze on it every morning and night. 
This is what I am going to miss the most about Paige being gone most of the day- the love and relationship these two have. Paige is such an incredible big sister and is constantly helping Baylor or playing with her.
 The last week Paige has gone with Addison and Addison came to our house. We had to get our last few play dates in for the summer before school starts and it is harder to get together as often. I am so grateful that Paige has such an amazing friend like Addison.
 This school year I volunteered to do the PTA bulletin board. I get to change it once a month. I am pretty excited about it and it is something that lets my creative juices flow. Here is the one for September. I got it done before the school open house and I love how it turned out. It says "Alone we can do so little; Together we can do so MUCH!" Then all the signs are different "you can" statements about joining PTA or things you can do like volunteer, support teachers and staff, make the school year great, have a say, be in the know, etc. It was super fun to do and makes me excited for all the ones I get to come up with throughout this school year.
Last Saturday we went to Nolte State Park and walked around Deep Lake with Nona and Pops. It was another beautiful day enjoying the beautiful world we live in. It was fun to visit with Nona and Pops and spent the afternoon with them. Nona brought some hiking sticks and Paige used hers the entire time and Baylor liked hers and would drag it behind her until she decided she was done walking and wanted to be carried.
 Today was our last day of summer break so I wanted to do something fun before school starts tomorrow. We decided to go to the Black Diamond Bakery to get some delicious donuts to take home with us.
Then we went to Ten Trails which is a new development in Black Diamond and try out their park there. It was our first time going and it is a really fun park. We will have to go again when it is not so hot so that we can go on the slides. It was a fun little outing for the day.
We loved summer break!

No comments:

Post a Comment