Saturday, May 11, 2019

Outings in the Sun

 The last two weeks we have had the most gorgeous weather. We have loved being outside and soaking up all this sun. It makes me super excited for summer. I love being outside with my family exploring this beautiful world.

Last Saturday we went to Soos Creek Botanical Gardens. It is this hidden oasis and we love going there. It is only about a 5 minute drive from our house and it was so beautiful. So many spring flowers were out and it was so green. My eyes just wanted to take it all in and pictures really don't do it justice.
Paige wanted to stop and smell as many flowers as she could. She even lifted Baylor to smell a few. Baylor is the cutest when she smells flower because she blows air out of her nose instead of breathing in.
Paige is so much fun to take on little outdoor adventures. She is always up for a hike and notices all the little things. At the gardens she was pointing out different shapes of leaves and different flowers. She also loves it when we find bugs to see except bees which she is terrified of. She especially loves caterpillars, lady bugs, and slugs. 
I just love these two with all my heart!
Sisters and best friends (most of the time)
It was such a beautiful day and so relaxing!
How did I get so lucky?
Our last stop was the totem pole but of course Baylor was much more interested in the cows in the pasture.
Then Sunday evening we went to Flaming Geyser State Park. It was another beautiful evening. I love living here and how green it is and so many gems so close to where we live.
 This past week we have 80 degree weather all week. It has been so awesome and a couple of days were a little hot which I am grateful for an air conditioned house. We have spent almost every evening outside. One evening Baylor was being fussy since she was tired but it wasn't quite bedtime. I don't like putting her to bed too early in fear that she will wake up earlier the next morning. So I went and rocked her on the porch swing for a bit. I loved that she let me rock her as I talked to her about what we could hear and see. We saw lots of birds even a couple of hummingbirds. We heard some airplanes and some dogs barking. I love observing the world with this little girl who is taking everything in around her and I enjoyed the few minutes of snuggles since it is a rarity for Baylor.
 Both of my girls are outside girls and Baylor would be outside all day if I let her and if I wanted to be. When she hears the word outside she will immediately go get her shoes and your shoes for you. It is pretty cute.
 The first time I turned the air condition on, Baylor loved it. She thought it was the coolest thing to sit on the vent and let the cool air blow on her. Oh how I love that sweet smile and she looks so big in this picture!
 Thursday evening we brought out the sprinkler for the first time this year and it was a big hit. Baylor absolutely loved it. They both had fun splashing the water at each other and putting their feet on the sprinkler head. I didn't put a diaper on Baylor since she was just running around outside. I did have the thought before putting her swim suit on that she hadn't pooped in awhile so maybe I should put a diaper on her but decided against it. So of course at the end of the evening she pooped in her swim suit and some of it fell out and I hear from Paige "eww she pooped in her swimming suit." So the day ended with some showers and some laundry. :)
Then today (Saturday) we went to Saltwater State Park. It was the perfect day. When we first got there we went on a little hike which was very pretty and green. Then we hauled everything down and found the perfect spot on the beach. We enjoyed a picnic, playing in the sand, beach combing, putting our feet in the water (Paige liked jumping over the waves and Baylor liked splashing), and finding some sea life.
Definitely in his element!
What a perfect day with my favorite people!
I am excited for more outside adventures this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment