Monday, October 8, 2018

September Happenings

I haven't blogged much this past month so I got the random pictures from my phone to have a what's happened blog. Paige has been busy with school, Nate with work, and Baylor and I love being home and enjoying the little things.

A few days and weekends with September we all were captivated  by the trees getting cut down at the next door neighbors. One Saturday we spent pretty much the entire day watching them work. :)
We have had lots of produce from our salsa gardens. We have so many tomatoes that I have given away quite a few. It is nice though whenever I need an onion or tomato that I can just go out to the garden and pick one. I have had some giant zucchini that have become delicious desserts and I even shredded one all up and froze them for later use.
On September 15th, we were able to go to Safeco Field and listen to the prophet speak. First we got to listen to President Eyring (one of the apostles and member of the first presidency), then Wendy Nelson (the prophet's wife), and then President Nelson. President Eyring talked about the importance of a prophet and praying and asking about what he says is to be true and having a testimony of the prophet and the things he teaches us. Sister Nelson talked about how her husband received revelation for the church and how it is important to receive revelation for ourselves. She started her talk saying that they had never had a devotional at a ball park before and for some reason she had the song "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" stuck in her head and had a craving for a hot dog. :) President Nelson talked about life lessons that he has learned in his 95 years. His talk was really good and these are some of the things he mentioned: The importance of holding onto the iron rod of the gospel of Jesus Christ; that the Book of Mormon is the word of God- he made a prophetic promise that if we read the Book of Mormon every day that we will be immunized against the evils of the day and draw closer to the Lord; another life lesson is that we should focus more on eternal life instead of the honors of men- there are few things in the world that have eternal significance so we need to focus on our covenants and those things that are eternal; he also taught that the Lord often uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible- the Lord likes effort and blesses our best efforts; and the last thing he taught was the importance of service and that we are happiest when we are thinking of someone other than ourselves.
Paige loves school even though it was a bit of a rough start. She has a good group of friends that she always plays with and her reading is amazing for her age. She loves to play school with us when she gets home and this shows me what she is learning at school since often she incorporates things into the things she does with us. She is still my constant helper who loves to help with Baylor, in the garden, and in the house if she is in the mood. :) She loves to do crafts and arts and constantly writes notes or random things on paper. This past week we got to go and feed some baby kittens for someone in our ward and Paige loved it and so did I.
Baylor's hair finally is long enough that I can put a little ponytail in it and I love it! The pictures on the left is her very first one and the picture of the right is the first time wearing a bow. She looks SO cute with it!
Baylor is starting to get into whatever she can. She is getting really good at crawling and she still does her monkey crawl and is pretty fast at it. It makes me laugh and is so cute to watch. Whenever you open the door to outside or the fridge she comes crawling as fast as she can. She loves to play in the fridge, under the tables, opens and shuts all the cupboard doors in the kitchen, and the cutest place she likes to go is under the wooden high chair.
Finding all sorts of treasures in Paige's art area. She finds all sorts of things of the floor. Occasionally she will put it in her mouth but a lot of the time she will hand it to me. It reminds me to sweep the floors often. :)
Whenever is it a nice day for the past few weeks, Baylor and I have gone over and walked at the park. I love it with all the beautiful fall colors and Baylor loves it too with her cute little feet resting on the stroller.
I have been wanting some fall flowers on the porch and so this past week I went to Walmart and I love how it turned out and I loved the flowers. Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment