Monday, October 30, 2017

Full Term

October 12
Only two more weeks until my due date! I can’t believe it is so close. We are so excited to meet this little one. Yes I am nervous and scared about delivery but I am at a point now that I am ready for this little one to be out and for my back and hips to not hurt so much from the weight of a baby inside of me. This past week I have had days where I feel really good and days where I don’t feel so hot. I have felt kind of crampy and back pain mostly. I walk pretty slow and have quite the waddle. This past week to keep busy I have been doing lots of deep cleaning. I want the apartment to be clean when she arrives and though I may over do it on some days I am so happy to feel like the apartment is really deep cleaned. I had an appointment today. The baby’s heart beat was in the high 150s. Last week it was in the 120s so I asked if that was normal to have that big of a difference. She said that it is really good and they like it to change in the range from 110 to 160 which means they are active and change from being active to relaxing. My belly is measuring where is should be and then Dr. Lewing checked me and attempted to sweep my membranes. That was pretty painful and I have been not looking forward to it and nervous about it for the past few days. I am dilated to a 1 which I guess is progress but you can be at a 1 or 2 for weeks. She said she was only able to sweep a little bit of my membranes since my cervix is still high and the baby hasn’t dropped yet so we will do it again next week. Not looking forward to that but it also means we are getting to the end and it is a way to get my body to go into labor on its own which is a good thing and may lead to a successful VBAC. After Dr. Lewing left I laid there for a bit since I felt a bit dizzy and let myself cry for a bit. All the lead up to this appointment with my nerves and the painful experience I just needed a little release. I felt lots of cramps throughout the rest of the day which wasn’t fun but it all leads to the end and that soon I will be getting to hold a brand new little miracle baby.

38 week photos

October 18
I had another weekly appointment today. In two days I will be 39 weeks. It is so close to the end and I am so excited to meet this little girl. I am ready to have her here but I am trying to be patient and trying not to get my hopes up and expecting to go into November. Everything measured good and her heartbeat was in the low 130s. I got checked again today and Dr. Lewing tried to strip my membranes. I am still dilated to a 1 and my cervix is still high so she wasn’t able to strip much. It was pretty uncomfortable and painful but I got through it and we will see how the next week goes. The rest of the day I was pretty uncomfortable and had some spotting and cramping. One fun thing that happened is we all had a small bowl of ice cream in the evening and when I was done I set the bowl on my tummy and the baby went on wiggling like she was trying to get the bowl off her. It was so cute to watch and Paige loved it. Also in the evening I got really dizzy which led to a long night. I started off going to bed dizzy which was hard since I couldn’t change positions without getting really dizzy. So it was hard to get comfortable and I had to change how I was laying really slowly. I finally got to sleep and then woke up to go to the bathroom at 11:30 and then at 1:30 I woke up with major heart burn. I haven’t had it that bad ever. It was like acid was coming up my throat and swishing around. I finally got up to take some Tums and laid on the coach for a few hours to be more upright until the Tums really started working. I then went to bed at 3:30 and slept good until I heard crying from Paige a little before 5. I went in to see what was wrong and she had a bad dream. As I was laying next to her comforting her and rubbing her head and back I was filled with such gratitude. She didn’t want me to leave so she was cuddling with me which never happens. So I have her cuddled up to my chest and then I have another little girl wiggling around in my belly and it made me feel so grateful for modern medicine and that I have the chance to be a mom to these two amazing little girls.

October 25
I had my last appointment today before I reach the 40 week mark. In two days is my due date. I can’t believe that it is already here but then also it seems like these last few weeks have gone on forever. I am ready to meet this little girl. Also every day that gets closer to my due date I feel like it is déjà vu and that every day that I go overdue will lead to exactly what happened last time but I guess we will see. I am trying to stay hopeful that she will decide to come on her own. My appointment went well today and baby’s heart rate was in the 130s again. I also got my membranes stripped today. It didn’t hurt as bad today compared to last week even though it was still really uncomfortable. Dr. Lewing said this was because the baby’s head is a little further down and my cervix is softening and I am 50 percent effaced which is good that there is some progress. I am dilated to a 2 so that is farther along at this point compared to my pregnancy with Paige. I have an appointment next week where I will decide for sure when to be induced. I either choose a week over which is a Friday but I would have a different doctor or wait until the following Monday if I want Dr. Lewing. With this part of choosing it made me really miss Dr. Bigler. I have no idea how he did it but he always seemed to be at the hospital when I was there. He was there the night I went in and the next morning to deliver Paige and then checked on me the next day to see how I was recovering. When I was in the hospital with the my colon infection two weeks later he was the one doctor that I relied on and he checked on me every morning and I was there for four or five days. I just have to realize that Dr. Bigler is an old school doctor and I felt like he would do anything for me. Doctors now will be there if they are on call. I just have to change my way of thinking. I am just afraid if I wait until the Monday to have Dr. Lewing I will end up having a C-section since I will be 10 days overdue by then. I did email Dr. Lewing my concerns and she said she would work with me which is good news but we will see how the next week goes and how it all turns out. I just have to think I will be holding this miracle baby in my arms at the end of all of this and it doesn't matter how she gets here just as long as mom and baby are healthy.

October 27
Happy Due Date! I wish that I was already holding this little girl in my arms but I will just have to be patient. I have waited almost 5 years to have another child so I know I can wait another week to see her. We are hoping she comes on her own but my body just doesn't seem to want to go into labor.

Today was a beautiful day so we went on a little family walk on the Soos Creek Trail to try and get labor started and to enjoy the gorgeous fall weather.

40 weeks!
 And this cute little model wanted her own photo shoot too.
 For most of the walk Paige was super girl and her jacket was her cape. 
Then we had to get a few fall pictures with all the beautiful leaves.
Then on Saturday we went on another beautiful walk since that is what I was instructed to do by my doctor to maybe help my body go into labor. We went to a nature area called Meadowlark by North Bend with Nona and Pops. Paige wanted to be right by Pops side the entire time and it was cute watching them walk holding hands and racing each other. She is one lucky girl to have such amazing grandparents. 
You can come now whenever you want baby. We are ready to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment