Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Second Trimester

The second trimester has been great. The morning sickness is gone and I have a lot more energy and desire to get things done. I love feeling the baby move and here are the updates, journal entries, and pictures from the second trimester.

June 12

Today was my 20 week appointment. The past three weeks I have felt the baby move and I absolutely love it! I think I may have felt it before that but the last three weeks I have known for sure that it is baby moving. The first part of June both Nate and Paige got to feel it kick too. I love all the movements and the baby is quite active which is very reassuring to me in knowing that the baby is good. This appointment was a very basic and normal one. Everything looks good and I got to hear the heart beat and it was good and strong. The doctor mostly talked with me about whether having a VBAC or a C-section. I am leaning more towards a VBAC but if it comes to me having a C-section then that is fine too. I am very open minded about it all. Then the end of this week on June 16th we get to find out whether we are having a girl or a boy and we are so excited to find out!

18 week baby bump

20 week photo shoot- I can't believe that I am already half way done!
Oh how I love this little girl! She is going to be one amazing big sister. She is so excited to help in every way and loves feeling the baby kick her.

June 16
Today was the ultrasound to find out whether we are having a girl or boy! The ultrasound was really long, a little over an hour. I had to go to a high risk office since I did IVF and they are very detailed in the ultrasound measuring every little thing. The baby was sleeping at first but then woke up and was really active which at times made it hard for the ultrasound tech to see what she needed to. We found out that we are having another GIRL! It was so cute watching her move her legs all around and she kept putting her hand to her face and then lifted her feet all the way to her face and was playing with her toes. I love ultrasounds and technology just amazes me. 

Baby girl with her hand in her mouth
 Those cute little feet
 And the cute little profile
Once we got home we wrapped up a girl outfit for Paige to open up. Anna had been watching her so her and her kids were at Dale and Margaret’s house so we took Paige upstairs to open the present so we were by ourselves. Paige for the past few weeks has said it is a boy so when she saw that it was a girl I think she was a little shocked and didn’t know how to respond since in her mind it was a boy. She did say she was excited but didn’t show much emotion and then she took the outfit downstairs and showed everyone else there. Everyone is very excited and the more we talked about it with Paige she is pretty excited too. She is excited to have matching outfits with her sister (we will see how long that lasts) and that she gets to have a little shadow. We posted the news on Facebook that we were having a baby and that it is a girl and I loved seeing all the responses. We are blessed to have so many loving friends and family.
 Two cute girls for me to love and adore!

July 10
Today was my 24 week appointment and glucose test. I got to my appointment and they had me quickly drink the glucose drink. I picked the orange flavored one and it didn’t really taste that bad but drinking it as fast as I could that last little bit was a little difficult to get down. I then had my appointment which was just a normal one of checking my vitals, measuring my belly, and listening to the heart beat. Everything looks good and is going great. I then had to wait in the waiting room for about a half an hour to get my blood draw. The drink gave me a bad after taste in my mouth and whenever I burped it tasted like a dirt and metallic flavor. It was finally time for my blood draw which wasn’t too bad but she did have to fish around a bit for my vein which it not the most comfortable thing to deal with. I am glad that it over with and most of the day I had a pretty upset stomach and was pretty nauseous but it got better as the day went on. I found out a couple days later that my results were normal and that I don’t have gestational diabetes which is great news.

July 12
Today was a special ultrasound that I had to go to the hospital to get done. They suggest it for all women that have done IVF to get pregnant and it is a fetal echocardiogram. It is an ultrasound that focuses on the heart. It was a pretty quick ultrasound but the really cool thing was that some of the pictures were in 3D so I got to see little baby girl in 3D. Technology truly amazes me. It was so sweet to see her little face. Then the ultrasound tech focuses on the heart and looked at the different chambers and just took pictures and videos of specific things relating to the heart. I even got to hear the blood flow from the umbilical cord to the baby and the blood flow in a few different blood vessels. It was very interesting and I loved it. Then I talked to the doctor afterwards and he said that everything looked as it should which is great news and I won’t have to have anymore specialized ultrasounds from now on unless something comes up in my normal OBGYN appointments.

July 24
I had a normal routine check today with my OBGYN and I am a little over 26 weeks along. It is crazy to think that I am already almost into the third trimester. Everything looks normal and is going great. My weight looks good and I am gaining as I should and my blood pressure is still nice and low. The baby’s heart beat is still really strong and is in the 140s. I love hearing the heart beat. My last blood draw showed that I am not anemic anymore so I get to stop taking iron for now. I like check ups like this where is it just chill and I will continue to have these check ups every two weeks until the last month.

July 27
It is amazing to think that today marks three months until my due date. The first trimester seemed to last forever but now it seems to be going by really fast. I have been feeling pretty good. I am starting to have quite a bit of back pain especially at night. I also had a day of heart burn this past week which was weird because with Paige I never really got heart burn. Hopefully it was just that one day and it won’t come back very often. Sometimes my digestion is still not very good. It depends on the day so I am trying to continue to eat lots of fruit and drink more water. I need to try and drink more water though since it has been pretty hot. I have been getting headaches pretty regularly for the past month or so which is annoying but if I stay on top of them then they don’t last very long. I still love feeling this little girl squirm and wiggle around. She is very active and I love it. I love it when Paige feels the baby and she gets so excited about it. I love watching my belly and being able to see the kicks and movements. Paige loves to say goodnight to the baby every night and always ends with “don’t let the tummy bugs bite.” She is so excited to have a little sister and will be one amazing big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment