Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween

 This past Saturday was our ward trunk or treat and it was so much fun. This year the primary was in charge of it and I volunteered to help with the game/activity area. The activity day girls helped me out getting some of the games ready at our past activity and then I got to put together all the rest. I really enjoyed the whole process. It was simple enough so it wasn't overwhelming but I loved being creative and putting it all together.

On the back wall I had all the girls make spooky hands and I painted the sign for some decorations for the game/activity area.
One game was pumpkin bowling. I put jack-o-lantern faces on the orange cups and set them up in the tower and then had some cuties with faces also to be the bowling ball to knock down the towers.
 The next game was Halloween Bingo. The primary president got the bingo set and I got the cups with some apple jacks to be the game pieces.
 Then another person in the primary presidency got the things for this activity. It was tootsie pop ghosts.
 I loved putting together this next game-Halloween Tic-Tac-Toe. It took the longest to do but turned out so cute. The activity day girls helped me paint the first coat on all the rocks and then throughout the week I would add another coat until I was satisfied and then I added all the faces. I made three different ones and had pumpkins, ghosts, Frankensteins, black cats, and monsters.
 Another leader also got the things for this game- witch's cauldron toss.
 I also put together another table that had Halloween coloring and activity pages.
 And the last game area I made two Halloween versions of pin the tail. 
The first one I made was pin the teeth on Dracula.
 And the second one was pin the bolts on Frankenstein.
At the front of the room I had a guessing game that everyone could do when they first came into the party. We counted three different Halloween candies and whoever guessed the closest got the jar of candy.
 Another lady in the ward had made all these cute decorations for a school dance and what she kept we got to use for the ward party and they added the perfect touch and were so cute!
 We had a potluck dinner and while this was all going on the kids got to do the games/activity at their leisure. It was fun to put together all the games and then during the party not have to worry about any of it. Then after dinner all the kids did a costume parade around the gym.
Paige was a fairy for this party but for the parade she forgot to put her wings on.
 Brett the banana. :)
 She had fun going to all the cars and getting candy. I think it is all a bit overwhelming for her since it all happens so fast and she was pretty shy for it all. I know that she will do so much better speaking up when she goes trick or treating.
 Then yesterday was the big day-Halloween! In years past Paige has known what she wanted to be at the beginning of the month but this year for the ward party and for Halloween it was a last minute decision. For trick or treating this year she decided to be a buttery fly. It was Nona's idea to add the little antennas and I am so glad she thought of it because it added the perfect touch to Paige's costume.
 The trick-or-treating crew- a banana, a butterfly, a cheeseburger, and Santa and his little elf.
 I wasn't able to go with them trick or treating this year and I am sad I missed out but I knew that Paige would have so much fun. Nate said that she was so excited about it all and practically ran to each house and led the pack the entire way. She loved ringing the doorbells and Nate said that at every house she would say "Trick or Treat" and then once she got candy she would say "Thank You" and "Happy Halloween". I sad I missed out of that cuteness but she was so excited to show me all her candy when she got back.
 Leading the pack.
 She got tons of candy this year! (This is only half of it)
 Throughout the month of October Paige enjoyed doing lots of Halloween coloring pages and crafts. Here is what she decided to hang up and decorate our apartment with. I love my little artist!
 One day she even made me some coloring pages. She designed and drew out the coloring pages and then I colored them.
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment