Saturday, June 18, 2016

Our Week at the Carters

 The Carters went on vacation for 8 days and they asked us to watch their three kids. It was exhausting and very tiring having three extra kids to watch but we kept busy and we had some fun times. Paige loved having a constant playmate and the week after we were done she took about three naps throughout the week which never happens. She kept busy and didn't get as much sleep as she was used to but she had lots of fun. 

The kids all did really amazing at playing together and entertaining themselves so I didn't really have to be too involved except when an issue came up. I tried to have a couple of activities planned for each day so that if they were getting antsy then I had something up my sleeve. The twins took a nap everyday and I did the letter G activities with Christopher and Paige during that time and I also had some fun things to do with all four of them. 

We got lots of cute pictures! Nate had more subjects to take pictures of and took advantage of it.
 On Memorial Day we went to Tahoma National Cemetery and saw all the flags. It is always an incredible sight.
 One activity that I did with all four kids was a fishing game that I put together. I printed off fish that had colors, animals, and shapes and they took turn "catching" the fish.
 Another day and more fun.
 On one of the hottest days we had some water fun. We didn't want the kids to go in the lake since we weren't comfortable with having to watch all of them and their parents didn't want them in either so I came up with another idea.
I found a bin and filled it with lake water and brought out lots of different smaller containers. They had so much fun dumping water from containers and on their heads.
When the bin would get low they had fun getting their own water to dump into the bin.
More night time photos.
 Then another afternoon it was another beautiful day so we did some more outside fun.

First up was drawing with chalk.
 I drew a hopscotch and they added onto it and had fun doing the hopscotch.
Then Christopher took everyone on rides in his cool car. They were good at waiting their turns and Christopher was great at giving everyone equal amount of time.
Here is a different evening full of photos and cute kids.
And some tears.
 But mostly smiles. :)
 And there were hugs too.
 Then one evening I decided that it was an opportune time to try out paddle boarding. I have never done it before but it looked fun and I wanted to try it out since I was living on the lake for a couple more days. I started on my knees to get a feel for it and Nate and Christopher were eagerly watching hoping that I would fall off. I am proud to say that I never fell!
I even took it out later when the sun was setting and it was absolutely beautiful!
 Then that evening after the kids were in bed, Nate and I enjoyed a fire along with the gorgeous lake view.
 The last day of our stay was Nate's birthday. We first enjoyed a spaghetti dinner.
 Then we had the birthday party. Happy 31st birthday Nate!
 And my annual gift to Nate. Some otter pops to start off the summer.
 We were very tired by the end of the week and I know we weren't perfect but the kids were taken care of and we had some really fun moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment