Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

We had a great Thanksgiving. We had dinner with Nona and Papa, Aaron and Rachel and their kids, and Anna and Scott and their kids. It was busy day and we had a couple surprise visitors- Josh and Jaycee.

Once everyone arrived the kids did a little craft and played some Thanksgiving Bingo while the final preparations were done for the big feast.
Nona and Papa ate their dinner with the little ones.
We all ate until we were stuffed and then Nona took the grand kids on a little walk in the forest and then everyone headed out. Margaret and Dale headed down south to have dessert with their Oregon kids and the others went to their other families for their pies. Josh and Jaycee stayed for a little bit more and we got to visit with them and share the pie I had made. Then we were left with a quiet house so we pulled out the Christmas tree and started decorating. Paige was such a great helper and loved every minute of it.
I enjoyed a second piece of pie later in the evening. I had asked Nate what kind of pie he wanted since it would just be us and he never told me so I made one for me- chocolate pudding pie with a cream cheese layer. It was delicious!
For the month of November I printed off a bare tree and a whole bunch of leaves. Every night before Paige went to bed I had her write something she was thankful for and tape it on the tree. She got to practice her writing and she loved taping the leaves on. I think in her mind the word thankful was related to church things so her first few leaves were Jesus, prophet, church, sacrament, the prophet's friends (apostles). I loved seeing her think of these things on her own and get a glimpse of the start of her own testimony and realizing that these things are important. After a few days and her not being able to think of anything I explained that you can be thankful for anything. She loved doing this little activity every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment