Sunday, February 8, 2015

Birthday Tribute

Today is this beautiful, wonderful, amazing women's birthday. I miss her dearly and wish I could talk with her again and give her a hug and have her give me that grandmotherly squeeze with her hand that she was perfect at, that made me feel loved. I miss her cookies and the smell of her house which brings back memory upon memory. I miss picking raspberries with her. I miss playing in the ditch and catching water skippers. I miss exploring the outdoors and catching salamanders and watching the animals. I miss sleep overs and playing house and dress up for hours on end with chap-stick makeup that would cover our faces. I miss her cooking and being able to pick out these tiny little forks and spoons that would make the meal that much better. I am grateful that I got the love of cooking and the love of chocolate from her. I also believe I got the love of sewing from her. It was deep in my genes and took me until adulthood to realize that it was there. I miss her flower gardens and all flowers remind me of her especially purple pansies. Watching her that last week of her life was very difficult mostly seeing my grandpa lose his dear wife. They are an amazing example of marriage and how you go through life together no matter what comes your way and love each other until the end. Now whenever I hear the hymn, "Each Life That Touches Ours For Good" it reminds me of her and the wonderful women and grandmother she was too me. I love in this hymn the third verse which says "When such a friend from us departs. We hold forever in our hearts a sweet and hallowed memory bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee." I know that my grandmother is busy in heaven bringing joy to those on the other side and that she is busy being a guardian angel to her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. I love her dearly and miss her with all my heart and I know one day I will see her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment