Monday, April 22, 2013

Projects

 Nate and I got Spring fever and had the great desire to do lots of projects around the house especially when  it was actually warm outside (which didn't happen a lot like today there was snow on the ground). We got a lot accomplished!

Our first project we made the crow's nest a little bit safer to my mom's liking.
Next I organized the garage.
Before:
 After- My dad built the shelf above the freezers and yes now an actual car can be parked in the garage.

 My dad's work bench hasn't been cleaned since my parents moved here so here is after it got all organized and during the cleaning process my dad called me a slave driver because as we went through things I would ask him go or stay and would give him a short amount of time to decide. I had one night to get it organized and so I had to encourage him to get it done faster because if he would have done it by himself he would have reminisced over each and every thing on that bench.
Next big project was painting the barn.
Before:
Testing paint colors
The painting process:
We got all the red done but the weather hasn't been cooperating so we got the white done on a few windows but I guess my mom will have to finish that part up. 
10 gallons of paint later:
 We even painted the front of the chicken coop.
Next Nate painted the front door- Sorry we didn't take a before picture but it was white and really needed a new coat of paint.
The last project we did was burn the ditch bank which was pretty fun and it brought out the pyro in Nate and I.

2 comments:

  1. cool! I love your parents' house. I think you guys did a great job painting the barn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of ideas have been spinning around in my head ..... Hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete