Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Graduation Weekend

 This past weekend was full of fun and excitement. Dale and Margaret and Anna, Scott, Peyton, Mikey, and Brett all came to Firth. They got here Wednesday and we went over to our neighbors and saw their goats and baby kittens and the boys helped me do the animal chores and gather the eggs every day that they were here.
Then Thursday we first went to Hell's Half Acre. It is a rest area in between Shelley and Blackfoot on the freeway and has this short hike where there is a lot of lava rock and cool things to explore.
 Nate picked me a pretty flower. Aw Cute! :)
Peyton was so excited to climb in this "cave" and claiming it was his first time being in a cave and was so excited for the "opportunity".
 Next we went to Rupes for lunch which was amazing like always and then we went to the Potato Museum.

 The world's largest potato chip.
 Then Friday we headed up to Rigby and enjoyed some more farm life with seeing lots of cows, lambs, playing on a tractor and even four wheeler rides.
 We then went up to Rexburg and it was fun to look around campus with Anna who hasn't been there since she graduated and we ended our tour by running around the track with the boys. We then drove to Smith Park so that we could get a quick picture of where Nate and I got engaged.
 Then Friday night (April 12th) I graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho. The past four years have been amazing- I met and married the man of my dreams, we had our first daughter, and I have accomplished many great classes and have learned so much. I am so grateful that I stuck it out even though there was challenges and changes and I got my Bachelor's Degree. It is something that I have wanted since I was a little girl and is a great accomplishment for me.
I decided to just go to my individual college graduation and it was only 45 minutes long which was great and my biggest fear was tripping and falling as I was walking across the stage to get my diploma cover. It was fun to see a few girls that I have had classes with and the whole thing was a great experience.
I had so many great professors during my college career and I am especially grateful for my Family and Consumer Science professors. This is two of them- Sister Empey and Sister Nelson.

1 comment:

  1. Can't think of a better reason to visit and celebrate. Congratulations! Job well done!

    ReplyDelete