Friday, June 8, 2012

Craters of the Moon

Last Saturday, Nate and I had the day to do whatever we wanted so we decided to go to Craters of the Moon. I haven't been there since I was in second grade and Nate has never been there and we have been talking about going for quite awhile. So we loaded up some snacks and water and headed out to the middle of nowhere and enjoyed the day together.

Our first stop we hiked up this huge cone. It was super windy and Paige hated it because the wind made it so she couldn't breathe.
 Then we hiked around on the paths. It was super cool to see what the lava did many thousands of years ago.


 There was some pretty sweet caves. We could only go in one because it was big enough that you could stand and the others you had to crawl through which we decided wasn't the best idea with Paige. I would like to go back someday when I have a little bit older kids and explore the caves with them.
 We stopped by my parent's house on the way home to enjoy some time with family and I got to hold and cuddle with this adorable kitten. I wanted to take him home so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment