Thursday, October 13, 2022

Idaho Fun

I flew to Idaho for my Grandma's funeral and since I was spending all that money I decided to stay for the week and enjoy some family time.

I haven't flown in quite awhile and I haven't flown by myself for even longer so I was pretty nervous for the flight especially with a little baby. On the way to Idaho, I had to go from Seattle to Boise and then to Idaho Falls. I got to Seattle extra early since I had seen in news headlines that the security lines were horrible but I ended up making it through security and to my gate in about 30 minutes so McCall and I spent lots of time wandering through the airport. She ended up being a great little traveling companion. I fed her a little before our first flight and she slept the entire flight to Boise though started getting a little fussy since after we landed we had to sit on the airplane for about 20 minutes waiting for a spot to park. Then she was awake and happy during our layover and then slept again for the trip to Idaho Falls. The flight from Boise to Idaho Falls was gorgeous as I watched the setting sun from up above.
I spent most of my time with Derek and Amy's family since I was staying at their house. Karlton and Michelle's family are living with my parents right now so space wise it made sense for me to stay with  Derek and Amy. It was fun to have some extra time with them and everyone loved McCall especially Emily. Monday and Tuesday were spent in Rigby for the funeral and extended family time. Wednesday evening I went with Amy and the girls and Mom and Dad to a pumpkin patch along with some other fun things to do. It was a beautiful evening and it was a super fun way to spend the evening.
The sunflowers were all mostly done but it was still cool to walk around though it would be stunning to see them when they are all in bloom.
Thursday I spent most of the day with Erika and her two youngest. Mom, Charlotte, and I drove up and met them at Bear World. It was another really nice day and all the animals were out and the bears were pretty active which was fun to see.
These baby bears were so cute and fun to watch.
Fish feeding time
Then we went to the petting area and I was having some fun taking some selfies with some of the animals.
There was one goat that was pretty smart and whenever the kids would try and get food it would wait until they turned the knob and then would hurry in and eat the food right out of the dispenser. 
Then it was ride time.
The ferris wheel was pretty fun and Charlotte was my riding partner. 
It was fun to spend more time with her this week. She is growing up way too fast and is simply stunning and is very sweet with the right amount of sass. :)
I put McCall in this cute bear onesie for our day at Bear World.
We then spent some time at Derek and Amy's house. I made some cookies and then I went on a walk with the kids. We just walked around the neighborhood and found things we liked about each house as we passed.
Then we all went to Juliette's cross country meet. It brought back lots of memories and it was fun to watch her run and run from place to place with Dad cheering her on.
My little bed buddy for the week. She is just the sweetest thing and it was fun to let more family meet her for the first time.
Friday, I helped Derek in the morning with a breakfast at his house for his cross country team and then in the afternoon we watched the new top gun movie together. Then for dinner Mom and Dad came over along with Michelle and the kids. Don and Shel Williams, family friends, also came over for a couple hours and it was great to visit with everyone.
There is a little less than a year between these two but it is crazy to see the size difference. Callum's sweet smile is just the cutest thing.
I missed Nate, Paige, and Baylor so much while I was gone. Nate was incredibly supportive of me doing this and took off quite a bit of work to take care of everything at home. Paige was super sad that I went to Idaho without her but the timing was just not right for all of us to go. I loved my daily conversations with them and all the pictures I got. Paige was super helpful to Nate and Nate's parents helped out a lot too. I'm so grateful for such supportive and loving family.
They would send me daily pictures at school drop off.
I'm such a lucky mama to have these girls in my life.
The flight back home was Saturday morning. McCall did pretty good and slept most of the time though she did get a little fussy towards the end. There was some stunning views of Mount Saint Helen's and Mount Rainier and the Puget Sound by Tacoma. 
I started feeling sick about the last 10 minutes of my flight and thought I was getting some motion sicknesses. I held it together until I got home and ended up throwing up and had a super bad stomach ache. It was a rough weekend and was not how I wanted my first day back. I'm grateful it was conference weekend even though I didn't get much out of conference since I was either sleeping or in the bathroom. I'm grateful when it passed and it was awesome to see family and take part in the funeral and it is always good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment