Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Moments of Joy

"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them." -Desmond Tutu
These three are truly Heavenly Father's gift to me. I am so grateful that Nate was placed in my life and now I get to be with him for forever. He is such an amazing husband and father. He is a great provider and makes me laugh and smile every day. We complement each other and together we make the best team. Complement means to complete and Nate definitely completes me. And my two girls are truly my greatest joy. Yes at times they are tiring and test my patience but they make this life so much more fun and joyful. They see the world as it should be and I hope they carry that through life. We need to try and find joy in the simple things of life because "men are, that they might have joy" (2nd Nephi 2:25). 
Here are some pictures from our lives the last few weeks and some of the moments that have brought us joy.
Crafting queen.
A little kitty and sometimes she is even a puppy and crawls through my legs as I am trying to make dinner.
Helping in the garden- Paige is such a great helper as long as we are doing the task with her. Just recently I showed her how to start the washer and dryer and now every time I need to do laundry Paige wants to help me.
A recent play date with Addison- fun at Lake Meridian. These two have such fun together and it brings me joy to see Paige has such an amazing friendship.
We have had a pair of ducks coming to our house that past few weeks and I think they have made our home their home. Paige loves them and we have named them Donald and Daisy. They come running or I guess waddling when they see us since we feed them bread. Nate and Paige made a little pond in the garden for them to drink and swim in. Daisy will even eat from Paige's hand!
Paige started T-ball this past week. She was a bit nervous for the first practice but once it got going she loved it. The coaches are really good and I asked Paige how she liked it and she said it was even better than she thought it would be. We are excited for the season and for games to start.
Up to bat at her first practice
Baylor is still as sweet and cute as can be. She is starting to be an easier baby though still constantly wants to be on the move. She is quick to smile at those she knows and loves to grab Nate's face and laugh and smile at Paige. She fits into our family perfectly and we are starting to get the hang of this family of four thing.
She loves to be outside!
Joining in on the dress up fun
Girl cousins
Sisters- They already have such a special bond even though there is quite an age gap. Baylor lights up when Paige is in the room and laughs all the time for Paige. Paige is constantly helping with Baylor and is the best big sister.
Both of them got to try out the exersaucer- Baylor didn't like it at first but it is growing on her.
 This past weekend we have had some gorgeous days. We have spent a lot of time in the yard and one evening we went to Covington Community Park just to enjoy being outside- we saw some adorable baby ducks, a little salamander, we found some four leaf clovers, Paige wished on many dandelions and even found a mutant dandelion, and we found some little frogs to catch. It was such a nice evening and walk.
 We even got some tadpoles to bring home and watch them grow.
 This last weekend we also had our first fire of the season and it was Baylor's first fire ever. And we all of course enjoyed some smores!
 I love this little family of mine and I am so excited for warm weather and summer adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment