Saturday, November 18, 2017

Life with a Newborn

 We are slowly adjusting to life with two kids and life with a newborn. It seems like Baylor has been a part of our family for so much longer than two weeks. The month of October seemed to go on forever waiting for her to come and now November is flying by. I am tired a lot and Baylor is pretty consistent with eating about every two hours even at night. It is a roller coaster of emotions on some days. I feel like I need to spend more time with Paige but I feel like I am feeding Baylor all the time and taking care of her. I also wish I recovered faster but have to tell myself to take it easy and that I just had major surgery. I have moments where I cry because of being tired or feeling like I am not doing a good enough job. But there are way more moments of complete joy. Seeing Nate be so amazing at spending time with both of his girls and being a dad to a newborn just melts my heart and makes me love him even more. Seeing Paige interact and always want to give Baylor kisses and seeing how Baylor loves listening to Paige talk. I love when Baylor is awake and happy- she is very smiley and she just stares at you and wants to study your face. I love snuggling a little baby again and am so incredibly grateful that I get to have another child to love and adore. 

Just a few photos of our newest little model
 Nate loves his girls so much!
 Pregame nap time
Baylor's first bath at home- it was a family activity and Paige loved helping. Baylor loved the water just like her sister.
 Baylor was quite content the entire time and Paige decided to get in the water and join her sister for bath time. Paige was enjoying herself until Baylor decided to poop in the water and Nate had to hurry and pull Paige out of the tub before the poop water got to her. We will see how long it takes Paige to take another bath with her sister. :)
 Baylor has been quite smiley even since the day she was born. She smiles the most when she is falling asleep and it is so cute to watch.
 My parents came to meet their newest grandchild and also to help me out. My dad stayed for the first week and my mom stayed behind for another week. It has been so nice to have so many helpers around to take Paige to school and hold a baby while I do some other things, rest, and recover. 
 Paige loves to pick out Baylor's outfit for the day and on this day she decided to do coordinating outfits and so it led to the cutest photo shoot with two of the cutest girls. I am one lucky mama!

1 comment: