Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Kindergarten

 I can't believe that I have a little girl that is old enough to go to kindergarten. I love seeing her grow, learn, and develop and I have loved every stage of raising this little one but I wish she would stop growing up so fast. I have had a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I have a child old enough to go to school and that she would be gone all day. I love having her as my constant companion and having our daily adventures together. I know that she will love school and she going to excel. She has been pretty excited about it but also nervous. We had a teacher meeting last week and I think that helped her see that it is a lot like preschool and it made her even more excited. I am so glad that I she did the preschool program last year. It has helped her grow and be more confident and it made this transition to kindergarten so much easier. 

Here are some things about Paige as a kindergartner:

Favorite Color: Pink and Teal
Favorite Food: Spaghetti and Chicken Crescents
Favorite Thing We Did This Summer: Staying at the hotel this past weekend and swimming in the hotel pool and also swimming at the local pool
One Thing That I Love: My baby sister
What I Want To Be When I Grow Up: A Mom

We did a little back to school photo shoot Monday evening. She is just so cute and I just love her with all my heart!
 It was her idea to bring the books for props and I love them. She is my little reader and loves books. This summer she read a lot and her reading improved so much over the summer.
 And of course with this silly girl there were some silly pictures mixed in there. She is so much like her dad and loves to be silly and make people laugh.
 Rapunzel joined us on this photo shoot since according to Paige she is starting preschool the same day that Paige starts kindergarten.
 Paige was so excited last night to get everything ready for the big day. She picked out what outfit she wanted to wear. We got all her school supplies organized and put in her backpack and then she enjoyed helping prep her lunch. Nate gave her a priesthood blessing before she went to bed which is always so sweet to witness. It was a smooth sailing night and she is ready for school to begin.

This morning she woke up to notes all over from her dad. It truly made it her day and made her excited for the day to begin. Nate is one amazing and loving dad!
 This one was her favorite and she thought it was so funny. It was on the toilet lid.
 All ready to head out the door for her first day of kindergarten!
 Waiting in the line with her new class waiting to go into her classroom for the first time this year.
 All the parents got to walk into the classroom so it was a bit overwhelming. I could tell Paige was excited but also a bit nervous and overwhelmed. While we were waiting outside her preschool teacher happened to be helping with her class for today and it was so nice of her to come up and talk to Paige. Paige did great at listening to instructions even though she was a bit hesitant. I helped her get settled and then they all got coloring pages to focus on. While they were coloring parents said their quick goodbyes. I didn't want to prolong it too much since I knew that would make it worse for her and me. I said a quick goodbye and I love you and she waved to me as I walked out. She was so brave and didn't have any tears. 
Nate came home early from work so he could see Paige come home from school. He made her some more notes this time to welcome her home. She was one happy girl and had a great day! She was excited to see some friends from preschool and from our church ward in the other classes at lunch time and got to play with them at recess. 
I hope the entire school year goes as well as her first day did. I knew she would love it. Sweet Paige I hope you continue to be brave and confident. I hope you are a good listener and a helper to those around you. Be your sweet self and everyone will love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment