Saturday, February 9, 2013

Geocaching

I was introduced to geocaching when I married into the Smith family. In my mind it is like going on a treasure hunt. I think it is pretty fun and Nate thinks it funny how excited I get when I finally find "the treasure." 

It was a nice day in Washington and so we decided to enjoy the outdoors and went in search for some geocaches.
First you have to set the coordinates for the geocaches that you want to find in a GPS.
Then you follow your trusty GPS and also hints given by the creator of the geocache you are looking for. It may be high or low so you have to have a good eye.
Once you find it, you get to pick a treasure and replace it with something that you brought.

 Then you write your name and  the date to prove that you found that geocache.
 You can go to Geocache.com and find the geocaches around you and start your own treasure hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment