Sunday, October 9, 2011

Randomness

This post is full of random pictures and events that I am finally putting on my blog.

A day after we left to leave to Washington for the 7 week break our family dog, Pal, passed away. He was a pretty old dog and has been with our family since like 93 or 94- I don't even really know- just that's its been a long time. I miss him greeting me every time I came home, I miss seeing him bite at the water, I miss him running with me, and I just miss him. He was such a great dog!
The first weekend of school, we traveled to Shelley to run in the Spud Run. It was pretty fun. Erika, Sharolyn, and I all ran today and took our sweet time. Amy got competitive and decided to leave us half way through the race. We stayed to see Dad finish his half marathon and then went and ate breakfast at Amy's house. We also went to Spud days and saw the parade, got a ton of candy, and got a free potato!

Before the race.
The three of us finishing. Charlotte decided to run with us the last little bit and the last few feet I decided to sprint and leave Erika and Sharolyn in the dust. I guess it is the competitive nature in me that I didn't want them to beat me.After the race- Dad ran the half marathon and won! Maybe some day I will be able to run that far but I am sure I will never win. I am sure my dad will always be faster than me and in better shape than me.

The last weekend of September, Nate's parents came to visit us in Rexburg. It was fun to show them around the school and let them see our way of life though it isn't really that exciting. Nate's parents got to see him at Frisbee tryouts and then Saturday they got a tour of farm life. We visited and toured both of my grandparent's homesteads. At my Grandma and Grandpa Walker's house they even got to see some of the cows getting some shots and some of my cousins' kids prodding them with sticks to get them into place. Also on Saturday night Margaret, Michelle (Nate's cousin), and I went to the Relief Society Broadcast. We met up with Erika and enjoyed a great meeting. Then on Sunday we traveled down to Firth and went to church there and enjoyed a big dinner with my family. It was a really fun weekend!

We also went and saw the big feeders which is a start of the irrigation system from the Snake River. At Grandma and Grandpa Peterson's playing tops.
I had to get a picture of this cute little house. This is the house I lived in when I was single. I lived in the basement. It was so fun living here! The sad thing is they are going to tear it down along with the other houses down the street from it. I think they are planning on building new apartments that are more updated. I just hope they give the new apartments that older look because it is sad to see these old home being taken down.


Then conference weekend we went to Firth. We relaxed a lot and just enjoyed the sessions of conference. Nate forgot his Sunday clothes so for Priesthood session he borrowed one of my Dad's shirt and wore his jeans. He decided to also wear one of my dad's belt buckles so that he could fit in with the Firthites. It was pretty funny to see.Also during the weekend, I finally got Charlotte's Halloween costume done. She is little bo peep and Juliette has a cute lamb outfit to go along with her sister's costume. I was so excited to see it all done and on her. It turned out super cute!

2 comments:

  1. Just love, love, love the costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on the costume....she looked adorable.

    ReplyDelete