Thursday, September 5, 2024

15 Years!!!

As I was doing some organizing this week, I was listening to music and this song ("You Say" by Lauren Daigle) came on. When I listened to the first part of this song and the chorus, it reminded me so much of Nate and who he is for me. 

"I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I'm not enough. Every single lie that tell me I will never measure up."

"Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low. Remind me once again just who I am because I need to know."

"You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing."

"You say I am strong when I think I am weak."
"And you say I am held when I am falling short."
"And when I don't belong, oh you say I am yours."
"And I believe. Oh I believe what you say of me. I believe."
The thing is when I read all the lyrics to this song, I realized it is very much about our relationship with our Father in Heaven and what He thinks of us and what He can do for us. It made me love it even more the fact that I thought of Nate when I was listening to the words. A marriage relationship is very much like our relationship with God. We trust each other, we rely on each other, we love each other, and we do life together. All those things I do with Nate and I do with Heavenly Father. 
I'm so grateful that we found each other all those years ago. In the scheme of things, 15 years really isn't that long, but it has been long enough to know that Nate and I are perfect for each other. We are a team and we want the best for each other. We've experienced a lot of things is these 15 years that I will cherish forever.
He truly is my rock and helps keep me grounded and reassured. He always brings humor and keeps me laughing. He brings out the best in me and listens to the thoughts that run through me head. He helps me make sense of things and lets me vent about the things that frustrate me. I love our late night conversations, our afternoon/evening walks, the little things we do or say that only we get, and the family we have created together.
I hope our girls find husbands that are like their dad. Someone who complements them, shows up for them, loves them through it all, and is the best dad to their own children. That's what I have in Nate and I'm grateful that they have his example of what a husband and father looks like. He is one of the best!
Happy 15 years! I'm eternally grateful for you! I'm grateful that you are the one I get to do adventures with, go on road trips with, figure out parenting with, do the mundane things with, and just to do life with.
I heart you and I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment