Thursday, May 30, 2024

Tahoma National Cemetery

This is one of my favorite annual traditions! It always makes me look forward to Memorial Day and this quiet and sacred time with my family honoring those that have fought for our freedoms. We have been visiting Tahoma National Cemetery every year since Paige was the baby of the family. I love seeing all the flags and it is also so peaceful going there. 

Our first stop was to visit Uncle Al. (A penny on the grave means you visited their gravesite.)
Look at those sweet girls! I'm so grateful they are mine and that I live in such a wonderful country that I get to raise them in.
I gave Paige and Baylor a few pennies so that as we walked around they could put a penny on whatever headstone they wanted to.
McCall got a penny and loved taking it on and off headstones. She was pretty busy this year and kept on trying to take flags out of the ground and taking things off headstones so we had to keep a watchful eye, but she was so cute and I know as my girls gets older and I do this every year with them that they will learn how much we appreciate everyone buried here.
Our last stop is always Brother Carlson. 
It's amazing to see the pictures through the years and to see how the girls have grown.
I told Nate I wish there was a QR code on every headstone so that I could know their miltary story. I am always struck with awe and reverence knowing that each of these people here have a story to tell and made an impact with their choice to serve their country and their families and I get to benefit from their choice with the freedom I enjoy. I'm so grateful for those that have served and are currently serving our country and their sacrifice!

No comments:

Post a Comment