Sunday, September 6, 2026

August Moments

We soaked up all the sun in August. I truly live for summer and days in the sun. I love our lazy mornings, adventures, and evenings out in our yard.

We often went to the lake for lunch and then play at the lake. The girls of course didn't want to eat their cucumbers but had a better use for them. :)
I have also watched the Salcedo kids a few times in August to help them out as they are getting their new house ready to live in. The easiest way to watch 9 kids was take them to the lake and let the water entertain them.
One Friday evening, we joined Dad at work and watched Zootopia 2 at the park. It was such a fun way to end the day even if it was really late night for the girls. It was so worth it!
Then the next day we went to KidFest. Nate was also working this event, so we got to see him and enjoy all the fun at the park. The girls got to sit in a firetruck, garbage truck, and police car. They also tried out all the bounce houses and obstacle courses while I waited in line for the petting area.
The girls loved the animals, especially the really soft bunnies and the turtle that kept trying to escape.
They walked through the vendors and got some free stuff, then got their face painted, and we watched some of the magic show. It was a fun way to spend our morning.
I love our summer evenings. Most of the time, Nate and I will walk in our neighborhood while the girls ride their bikes and rollerblades, draw with chalk, or walk over to Nona and Pop's house to enjoy their backyard.
Our church building got new carpet and they weren't quite done when we got to church.

I turned 37! We got home from the youth campout on my birthday, and my sweet friend gave me a little cake which we used to celebrate my actual birthday and then we celebrated with friends and family the next day. I'm grateful for another year around the sun!
This cute girl still loves her Paw Patrol toys and is spoiled that whenever Nate and Paige go to the thrift store they always look for more for her.
School was fast approaching so we took the opportunity on a nice day to go out on an adventure. We went to Kanasket-Palmer State Park with a picnic and just loved every moment of exploring rocks, catching baby fish and water skippers, Baylor dunking her whole body in the river, wading our feet in the cold water, skipping rocks, exploring, and enjoying time together.
Another wonderful summer evening spent in our neighborhood.
One evening we got invited to go on the boat again with the Keene's and ended up being on it for 3-4 hours. It was such a fun night! I got brave and tried water skiing and didn't fail completely, Paige loved tubing, and Baylor loved jumping off the boat. Nate even jumped in the water! It was another memorable night for our summer.
Nate worked one weekend doing the pickleball tournament for the city. They spent all this time getting all the courts down and making it look nice on Friday afternoon. Nate got their Saturday morning, and someone had taken up all the courts! It also had rained so the tape was not sticking to the ground. It was a little bit of a disaster, and they had to delay the event for an hour and a half but got it all figured out.
And since Dad was working, I took the girls to the pool. We all had so much fun in the water.
We did our annual ice cream truck for young women's, and Baylor and McCall loved getting their ice cream. We went to a lot of the primary kids in our ward, and it was one of the young women's favorite activities of the year.
I have been waiting to help Jessica organize everything and it finally came and I got SO many boxes of clothes that I brought to my house, and I went through all of them and got them organized into sizes. It was a project right up my alley and I'm glad that I could help her out.
Paige had her open house for HIGH SCHOOL! We got a tour of the school and Paige got her laptop. It was fun to see her with her friends in this giant cafeteria. She is a little worried about getting lost, but I know she will figure it out and I hope she loves high school.
And even another wonderful evening in our neighborhood with these cute girls.
We got to go on the boat one more time with the Keene's before school started and the weather turned more into fall weather. We all enjoyed jumping off the boat and Baylor even got to drive it for a bit.
We had a stake young women's project where we put together school supply kits. We made almost 700 kits!!!

I also got released from being young women's president after 5 years. It truly is bittersweet! I'm going to miss these girls SO much! Every time I am with them, it lifts my soul and always brightens my day. This calling has stretched me more than any other calling I have ever had. It was so rewarding and one of my favorite things about it is seeing the young women progress and grow over the years. This calling also taught me how much the Holy Ghost speaks to me, how it speaks to me, and to act on those promptings. I am eternally grateful for my time in young women's. It truly is such a special calling and will always hold a special place in my heart.
We had our annual ward RS summer and salad social and Paige and Baylor were invited to join this year. Paige decided to go school clothes shopping with Nate but Baylor loved joining and making bracelets with the other girls and went on the zip line over and over. McCall went with Nate and Paige and found a new friend at the store. :)
All ready for the first day of school!
Nate gave all the girls a priesthood blessing the night before school started. It is always a really sweet experience, and he gives such sweet blessings. He also always leaves the girls the sweetest notes on their first day.
First day of school!!! Paige was super nervous for high school, and I wasn't so sure about the fact that I have a kid old enough to be in high school. It was a reality check as I dropped her off and she walked down the stairs to this giant high school and that this time at high school is going to go by so fast and before I know it she will be moving on which is so sad to me. She will do amazing things in high school, and I hope she continues to find amazing friends and be an amazing friend. Baylor was ready for her first day and super excited about her teacher. One of her best friends is in her class, which she is so happy about. She didn't even look back when I dropped her off and was so ready for school to start again.
While the girls were at school, I got around to getting some canning done that has been waiting for me to get to. I got peaches and pears done and I even tried some salsa this year from all the tomatoes I have in my garden.
McCall got tuckered out from getting up for school and took a nap in the afternoon. I had to take a picture of her finger in her blanket because this is how she always falls asleep. She also ended up getting sick the week that school started and had a cough so she slept in our room so that Baylor could sleep. I had to get a picture of how crazy she slept with her feet under our bed before I woke her up so we could take her sisters to school.
Our summer was filled to the brim, and I wouldn't want it any other way. I am looking forward to more of a schedule, doing preschool with McCall, and having more structure again. But I sure love summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment