Monday, October 14, 2024

Issaquah Outing

Friday was a wonderful day and our last nice weekend (3 day weekend for us!) for a while so I had to take advantage and wanted to go on an adventure. Nate and Paige went out to lots of stores and since they were gone and my two little ones are their best selves when they are outside so I quickly planned up an outing. I packed a lunch and our first stop was to go find the pretzel tree.

This is a short 1/4 mile walk through a lush forest with storyboards that take you through the adventure of a field mouse meeting forest creatures and learning from them on his search for the pretzel tree. It's a cute story and teaches some great things. I love forest walks here because it is always so green!
These two in their sunglasses are the best!
Baylor with her poses are my favorite right now. She has the hip pop down! :)
We found the pretzel tree!
We then went to the Issaquah Fish Hatchery and ate our lunch in the car. It was a bonus that we got the last parking spot in the lot so we didn't have to drive around forever looking for a parking spot on the road. It was such a pretty fall day and I'm so glad I decided to take the girls out to enjoy it.
There were SO many salmon in the river!
There were a whole bunch of people with these white almost like 3D glasses so I asked someone about them and it helps prevent the glare on the water and it makes looking at the fish so much easier. So we went into the gift shop to see if we could get some and for a small fee we got the glasses a and a small cup of food to feed the trout in a different area of the hatchery which was a bonus for the girls.
So many HUGE fish to look at!
Then of course since we were in Issaquah we had to make a quick stop at Krispy Kreme to enjoy some donuts. They were so good!
It was such a fun couple of hours spent with two of my girls! And Nate and Paige came home with all sorts of treasures too so a win all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment